Lotus Adventure Presents “Lamayuru to Chilling Trek”!
Basic Information About The Region:
Region :- Leh, Ladakh
Grade :- moderate to difficult
Maximum Altitude :- 4950m approx
Approx Trekking Distance :-62.9 km
Ladakh has always attracted visitors with its beauty that is magical in every season! The captivating mountain peaks, lakes or the scenic valley are the main reasons why tourists like to visit this place. In summers, this region shows the most vibrant colors of nature. While during the winters, the mountain peaks are covered with heavy snowfall!
Some Highlights About The Lamayuru to Chilling Trek
- This trek covers beautiful rural villages of Ladakh and Zanskar Himalayas.
- These villages are surrounded by green barley fields, apricot trees and high mountains.
- You will experience amazing views of the Stok and Karakoram ranges from the pass.
- You can also experience the view of Ladakh Himalaya, Lamayuru monastery during the trek.
Things To Be Taken Care Of!
Here are some things people need to take care of while taking this trek as prevention is better than cure!
- People should be aware of the extreme ice conditions. The ice can be as dangerous at times due to cracks so you need to find the pathway to cross the frozen river.
- The ice can even be slippery so it should be taken proper care of while walking.
- The temperature is extremely cold and decreases further sometimes. This is why warm and layered clothes are recommended which would help in keeping the body warm and prevent the body from freezing.
- Hiking shoes or gumboots are highly recommended to protect your feet from ice-cold water. It is very important to protect your fingers and toes from extreme cold.
- You should avoid heavy meals during the trek as it leads to tiredness.
Here are some of the important places covered:
- Sumda Doksa
- Sumda Doksa
Day 1 - Lamayuru to Prinkti La to Wanla
Time duration: 4 hrs
Distance: 9 km approx
- Start from Lamayuru, visit the Lamayuru monastery built on a hilltop above the village.
- Reach the Wanla village by crossing the Prinkti La pass through the village of Shilla
- Overnight stay in Wanla
Day 2 -Wanla to Hinju
- From Wanla, the trek is along the banks of river through the villages amidst green fields.
- Overnight stay in Hinju.
Day 3 -Hinju to Kongskil La to Sumda Doksa
- From Hinju, First reach the Kongskil La, pass which is the highest pass of the trek. You can get beautiful scenic views of Karakoram and Stok mountains.
- Then there is a gradual descent to Sumda Doksa.
Day 4 - Sumda Doksa to the Base of Dung Dung Chan La
- Starting from the Sumda Doksa, reach the village of Sumda Chenmo.
- Then there is a gradual climb towards the base of Dung Dung Chan La.
Day 5 -Base of Dung Dung Chan La to Dung Dung Chan La to Chilling
- From the base of Dung Dung Chan La, there is an ascent towards the Dung Dung Chan La pass.
- From here, there is a long descent to the village of Chilling.