Lotus Adventure Presents “Kang Yatse”!
Basic Information About The Region:
Region :- Leh, Ladakh
Grade :- Moderate to tough
Maximum Altitude :- 1Approx 20,49 Ft.
Approx Trekking Distance :-79 Kms.
Season :-10 June to Sep End
Basic Information About The Region
- Kang Yatse is a high peak located in the Markha Valley in Ladakh.
- This trek takes you through the Markha Valley with various villages, religious shrines, old monasteries and old forts on the way.
- This is the preferred choice of the aspiring trekkers who want to try something difficult.
- Travellers get a chance to experience the Ladakhi culture.
- You can encounter nature’s arid terrains, grazing lands, small streams and the famous Markha river.
- The trek enters the Hemis National Park where you can spot Snow Leopards, mountain deer and various other animals. The Path to this wildlife sanctuary is filled with beautiful wild flowers.
- Some of the major revelations of the trek are mystic Mani stones and the refreshing Tigu lakes.
Things To Be Taken Care Of!
Here are some things people need to take care of while taking this trek as prevention is better than cure!
- People should be aware of the extreme ice conditions. The ice can be as dangerous at times due to cracks so you need to find the pathway to cross the frozen river.
- The ice can even be slippery so it should be taken proper care of while walking.
- The temperature is extremely cold and decreases further sometimes. This is why warm and layered clothes are recommended which would help in keeping the body warm and prevent the body from freezing.
- Hiking shoes or gumboots are highly recommended to protect your feet from ice-cold water. It is very important to protect your fingers and toes from extreme cold.
- You should avoid heavy meals during the trek as it leads to tiredness.
Day 01 - Arrival in Leh
Altitude:-3,500 m approx
- Check in at the Hotel.
- It is advised not to visit any altitude or pass.
- Rest and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 02 - Acclimatisation at Leh
- Get your body adjusted to the temperature and atmosphere.
- Sightseeing and a visit to Shey, Thiksey, Sangam, and Hemis monasteries.
- Do not visit very high altitude places or pass.
- Overnight stay in a hotel.
- Altitude:- 3,201m approx,
- Drive distance:- 65 km with Time Duration 3 hours (Leh to Chilling)
- Trek:- 9 km, with time duration of 5 hours (Chilling to Skiu)
- Walk for 1 hour on a steep path and then easy walk for the next 3 to 4 hours.
- Then there is a drive through Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Magnetic Hill and the confluence of the Zanskar and Indus
- Altitude:- Markha 3,700m approx.
- Trek of 20 km, with a time duration of 8 hours.
- From Skiu, move to Markha which is the Longest slope.
- Markha village is one of the largest in the valley.
- There are 3 to 4 river crossings on the way.
- Reach Markha, where you can visit the Monastery and palace.
- Altitude- Thachungtse 4,102m
- Trek of 12.9 km with a time duration of 6 hours
- Start from Markha to reach Thachungtse which is the Last village of the valley.
- You can see the beautiful monasteries there.
- River flows along the path throughout. .
- Start from Thachungtse to reach Kang Yatse Base Camp.
- You will experience an amazing view of Kang Yatse peak.
- This is your rest day and training day.
- You can give some rest to your body and then we there will be a training session.
- We shall reach the base camp after the summit.
- Altitude:- Kongmaru 5,200m and Chokho 3,700m
- Start from Base Camp to reach KongmaruLa.
- Kongmaru La Pass takes about 3 to 4 hours to reach. There is steep descent and rocky terrain after that to reach Chokho.
- You get to see the ultimate view of Indus Valley and Ladakh Range
- This is the last day of your trip which includes your departure to Delhi.