Easy To Moderate
5 to 6 Days
Best time to visit
Lotus Adventure Presents “The Kedarkantha Trek”!
Basic Information About The Region:
Region :- Uttarakhand
Duration:-5 to 6 Days
Grade :- Difficult
Maximum Altitude :- 12,500 Ft.
Approx Trekking Distance :-20 Km.
Temperature:- -5 to -30 degrees celsius
Basic Information About The Trek!
- Kedarkantha Trek is one of the most beautiful snow trekking destinations in India during the winters because of the beauty of falling snow.
- Trekkers consider it as the most fascinating treks full of thrill, adventures and challenges.
- It is covered with snow during winters and offers a mesmerizing view of the beautiful Himalayan peaks.
- Trekkers get to experience the charming view of villages, grasslands, snow paths, lovely lakes and ponds, attractive Himalayan mountain peaks.
- The best time to do this trek is from December to April. This is because of the beautiful snow-covered mountains, lush green landscape, frozen lakes and ponds.
- This trek is also one of the least expensive tours that can be enjoyed easily and comfortably by people.
Important Things To Be Noted!
It is better to avoid this trek during the monsoons as it can be a little dangerous.
Here are some of the important places covered:
- Kedarkantha Base
- Kedarkantha peak
- Hargaon Camp
Day 1 - Dehradun to Sankri
Height: 6,400 feet
Distance- 220 km by drive
Time Taken- 9 to 10 hours
- You will be picked up from Dehradun early in the morning.
- Reach Sankri in the evening.
Day 2 - Sankri to Juda-ka-Talab
Altitude-Maximum 9,100 feet
Distance-4 kms by trek.
Time duration- approx 5 hours
- Start from Sankri and cover a trek of approx 4 km through dense pine forests, streams and beautiful grasslands.
- Reach Juda Ka Talab after 5 hours.
- Overnight stay in Juda-ka-Talab.
Day 3 - Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base
Altitude:10,000 to 11,000 feet
Distance-4 kms by trek
Time- approx 2 to 3 hours.
- Starting from Juda-Ka-Talab, the trek will mostly be on a hill where you will pass through various grasslands.
- You will be able to see various famous peaks like Swargarohini, Kala Nag, Bandarpoonch etc .
- Reach Kedarkantha base and enjoy your overnight stay in camps.
Day 4 - Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak, then move to Hargaon
Maximum Height- 12,500 feet
Time-approx 7 hours
- After spending some time at the base, climb up to the kedarkantha peak.
- Then there is a descent towards Hargaon
- Reach Hargaon in the evening
- Enjoy your overnight stay in Hargaon in tents.
Day 5 - Hargaon camp down to Sankri
Altitude: Hargaon(9000 feet) to (Sankri 6,400 feet)
Distance- 6 kms trek
Maximum time taken-3 to 4 hours
- Hargaon(9000 feet) to (Sankri 6,400 feet)
- From Hargaon camp move down towards Sankri through dense pine forests.
Day 6 - Departure to Dehradun
Distance: 220 km (by drive)
Time duration-10 hours approx
- Altitude- From Sankri we will depart towards dehradun which is a 220 km drive and will take from 9 to 10 hours.
- You will be dropped off at Dehradun station.