Lotus Adventure Presents “Markha Valley Trek”!
Basic Information About The Region:
Region :- Leh, Ladakh
Duration:- 8 Days
Grade :- Moderate To Difficult
Maximum Altitude :- 5262m
Approx Trekking Distance :-64.9 Kms.
Temperature:- -5 to -30 degrees celsius
Ladakh has always attracted visitors with its beauty that is magical in every season! The captivating mountain peaks, lakes or the scenic valley are the main reasons why tourists like to visit this place. In summers, this region shows the most vibrant colors of nature. While during the winters, the mountain peaks are covered with heavy snowfall!
Some Highlights About Markha Valley Trek
- Markha Valley is the largest valley in the region and this trek is one of the most famous treks in the Leh Ladakh Region.
- The starting point of this trek is Leh.
- Travellers get a chance to get connected to the beautiful Buddhist Kingdom of Ladakh.
- The high pases provide spectacular views of various mountain ranges.
- On the way tekkers can visit beautiful Buddhist Monasteries, Mountain Villages and High altitude peak Kang Yatse.
- Various streams will come in your way despite it being the most dry region.
- This trek also passes by the Hemis National Park where you can spot mountain sheep, rabbits, snow leopards etc.
Things To Be Taken Care Of!
Here are some things people need to take care of while taking this trek as prevention is better than cure!
- People should be aware of the extreme ice conditions. The ice can be as dangerous at times due to cracks so you need to find the pathway to cross the frozen river.
- The ice can even be slippery so it should be taken proper care of while walking.
- The temperature is extremely cold and decreases further sometimes. This is why warm and layered clothes are recommended which would help in keeping the body warm and prevent the body from freezing.
- Hiking shoes or gumboots are highly recommended to protect your feet from ice-cold water. It is very important to protect your fingers and toes from extreme cold.
- You should avoid heavy meals during the trek as it leads to tiredness.
Here are some of the important places covered:
- Kongmaru La
Day 1: Delhi To Leh
Your First Day Includes the start of your journey from Delhi to reach Leh.
Day 2- Sightseeing around Leh
- This day is kept for your local siteseeing in Leh.
- You can visit the nearby places.
Day 3- Leh To Sara
- You will start your journey from Leh to Skiu.
- Drop your car and then have 3 hours walk to reach Sara
- Sara is a small village where there are few houses for your homestay option.
- This is the best place to spend your night.
Day 4: Sara To Markha
Distance 7 to 8km
Duration: 3 to 4hours
Maximum Elevation- 3,852m
- Trek to Markha valley by walking along the river and passing through small villages.
- Reach the Markha village which is a beautiful village where you can visit an old monastery and fort.
- This is a beautiful place where you can see beautiful Buddhist gompas and children playing around.
- Overnight stay arranged in Markha village.
- Reach hankar by gradual walk along the river.
- Visit the Techa gompa on a cliff near the village of Umlung.
- Enjoy your overnight stay in Hankar.
- From Nimaling move towards Chokdo.
- Enjoy the beautiful view .
- You will be picked up after that to reach Leh from Chokdo Village.
- You will be dropped at the airport for your further journey.
Day 5: Markha to Hankar
Time: 5 hrs
Distance: 11.3 km
Day 6: Hankar to Nimaling
Time duration : 6 hrs
Distance: 10.5 km
Start from Hankar village land reach Nimaling and enjoy the beautiful scenic view.