Lotus Adventure Presents “Nubra to Pangong ”!
Basic Information About The Region:
Region :- Leh, Ladakh
Duration:-4 Nights / 5 Days
Grade :- Difficult
Maximum Altitude :- 11,100 Ft.
Approx Trekking Distance :-500 km.
Temperature:- -5 to -30 degrees celsius
Ladakh has always attracted visitors with its beauty that is magical in every season! The captivating mountain peaks, lakes or the scenic valley are the main reasons why tourists like to visit this place. In summers, this region shows the most vibrant colors of nature. While during the winters, the mountain peaks are covered with heavy snowfall!
Basic Information About The Region
- The whole trip follows a prehistoric trade route that connects the Indus and Nubra valleys which were an integral portion of the old Silk Road network that stretches from India to Central Asia.
- The journey begins with one of the least visited places in Ladakh.
- There are beautiful sceneries that might leave you enthralled line the landscapes, the attractive valley of Hunder Dok and the amazing views from the high pass of Lasermo La.
Things To Be Taken Care Of!
Here are some things people need to take care of while taking this trek as prevention is better than cure!
- People should be aware of the extreme ice conditions. The ice can be as dangerous at times due to cracks so you need to find the pathway to cross the frozen river.
- The ice can even be slippery so it should be taken proper care of while walking.
- The temperature is extremely cold and decreases further sometimes. This is why warm and layered clothes are recommended which would help in keeping the body warm and prevent the body from freezing.
- Hiking shoes or gumboots are highly recommended to protect your feet from ice-cold water. It is very important to protect your fingers and toes from extreme cold.
- You should avoid heavy meals during the trek as it leads to tiredness.
Here are some of the important places covered:
- Base of Lasermo
- South Base of Lasermo
- Hunder Dok
Day 1 - Phyang - Phyang Phu
Time: 8 hrs
Distance: 13.9 km
- Pay a visit to Phyang monastery which is built on a cliff above the village
- Then you can take a walk to Phyang Phu, an area where the animals are brought for grazing by the villagers.
Day 2 - Phyang Phu - Base of Lasermo
Time: 3 hrs
Distance: 3.6 km
- Slowly walk towards the base of Lasermo La
Day 3 - South Base of Lasermo - North Base of Lasermo
Time: 6 hrs
Distance: 10.7 km
- This route takes a long way, so you have to begin early to come across the Lasermo La pass
- Enjoy the captivating scenery of the mountains peaks where you can see the Indus valley on one side and the Nubra valley on the other side
Day 4 -North of Lasermo - Hunder Dok
Time: 5 hrs
Distance: 17 km
- Head down slowly through a valley of grassland and flowers
- Then follow the stream till you reach Hunder Dok where you will see herdsman huts; and animals feeding on grass.
Day 5 - Hunder Dok - Hunder
Time: 5 hrs
Distance: 15.6 km
- Come across the villages of Drok Gongma and Drok Yokma before outreaching Skarchen.
- And then walk in a pretty valley till you reach the bridge; you can get a great view of Saser Kangri peak.