Lotus Adventure Presents “Rangdum to Lamayuru trek via Kanji La”!
Basic Information About The Region:
Region :- Ladakh
Duration:-6 to 7 days
Grade :- Moderate to difficult
Maximum Altitude :- 11,100 Ft.
Approx Trekking Distance :-approx 93.9 km.
Some Highlights About Rangdum to Lamayuru trek via Kanji La:
- This trek has the most isolated trekking route in Ladakh.
- It starts from Rangdum Monastery via Kanjila Pass.
- Trekkers have to go through isolated valleys various high elevated altitude passes.
- There are different beautiful villages and mountains which you will visit during the trek.
Here are some of the important places covered:
- Junction to River Kong Nullah via - Kanji La
- River Kong Nullah to Kanji Village
- Kanji to Shillakong via Yokma La
- Shillakong Camp to Hanupatta Village via Nyigutse La
- Hanupatta to Wanla via Phenjila
Day 1 - Rangdum to Junction
Time: 5 hrs
Distance: 13 km
- The trek starts from Rangdum Monastery in the morning after breakfast.
- The trek will take around 5 hrs and continues along the river of rangdum.
- Reach the junction after crossing small rivers.
- Overnight stay in tents.
Day 2 - Junction to River Kong Nullah via - Kanji La
Time duration: 7 hrs
Distance: 11km approx.
- The second day will be a little hard as the trekkers need to trek with a climb to Kanji la pass first which will take approximately 3 to 4 hours to reach at the top of Kanji La.
- There is a beautiful scenic view of Nun and Kun peaks from the top.
- After that there will be a steep descent for reaching Kanji La base.
- Enjoy your overnight stay in Camp.
Day 3 - River Kong Nullah to Kanji Village
Time duration-4 hrs
Distance:13 km approx
- The third-day trek is again an easy one! You will walk along the river Kong Nullah and enjoy the scenic beauty.
- You will see Nomads with Yak and Sheep on the way.
- Kanji village is visited in the evening.
- Enjoy your overnight stay in camps in Kanji.
Day 4 - Kanji to Shillakong via Yokma La
Time: 7 hrs
Distance: approx 12 km
- Start the trek for Shilakong in the morning after breakfast.
- Climb up to the Yogma-la Pass first and enjoy the amazing view of the landscape for some time.
- Then there is a descent towards Shillakong.
- Enjoy your overnight stay in Shillakong camp.
Day 5 - Shillakong Camp to Hanupatta Village via Nyigutse La
Time Duration: 9 hrs
Distance: 19 km
- It starts from the Shillakong Camp along the banks of river to reach the top of Nyigutse-la pass which is 5097m.
- After that there is a descent which leads to a beautiful valley in a plain area of Hanupatta village where you can find many animals.
- Stay overnight in Hanupatta.
Day 6 - Hanupatta to Wanla via Phenjila
Time: 5 hrs
Distance: Approx 18 Km
- The trek is easy as it is a gradual descent and walk on a flat route along the river.
- Cross a beautiful village of Phenjila on the way.
- Reach Wanla and enjoy overnight stay in camp.
Day 7 - Wanla to Lamayuru mtr via Prinktila
Time: 5 hrs
Distance: 9 km approx
- This is the last day of the trek where you will ascend towards the Prinkti La Pass which is a narrow valley at a height of 3732 m and has a beautiful view.
- After that, descend towards Lamayuru at an elevation of 3370m and visit the monastery.
- Overnight stay in Lamayuru.