7 days/8 nights
Best time to visit
November to March
Lotus Adventure Presents “The Snow Leopard Trek”!
Basic Information About The Region:
Region :- Leh, Ladakh
Duration:-8 Nights/7 Days
Grade :- Difficult
Maximum Altitude :- 19,850 Ft.
Approx Trekking Distance :- 80 Kms.
Temperature:- -5 to -30 degrees celsius
Ladakh is one of the most popular zones for the endangered species like Snow Leopard, which are found in Hemis National Park in the trekking area of Markha valley and Zanskar.
Some Highlights About Snow Leopard Trek:
- It is a famous sight for trekking in Ladakh. It is a popular wildlife trek in the city, Ladakh, that lies in the mountain ranges of the Great Himalayas.
- The trekking path passes through Rumbak Valley in the Hemis National park covered in the Snow Leopard, which is the capital of the Ladakh region. Here, the trekkers have the most probable chances to spot the Snow Leopards in the Hemis National Park.
- The most appropriate time to visit the place is to trek the valley in the winter, from the middle of November to March, and see the Snow Leopard. It is the ideal time to visit the place and enjoy your trip. Being the coldest month, January, the days are slightly sunny and chilly cold nights are the most enjoyable moments for the travelers.
- Generally, the Snow Leopards are not spotted soon in the snow. But rarely, in the wildlife trip, the trek is the center of focus to see the leopards roaming in the valley. The Snow Leopards are well-known as Shan in the local language. world. They can usually be traced at an elevation of 8500 feet above sea level in the Himalayan Range.
- The trekkers have the opportunity to witness the marvelous combination of plants, aquatic animals, and birds also. The animals balance the ecosystem of the mountain area in the valley.
Things To Be Taken Care Of!
Here are some things people need to take care of while taking this trek as prevention is better than cure!
- People should be aware of the extreme ice conditions. The ice can be as dangerous at times due to cracks so you need to find the pathway to cross the frozen river.
- The dangerous ice in the frozen river can also hurt people.
- Always prefer synthetic or woolen clothes.
- Spotting the Snow Leopard is the most exciting part. So, being aware of the animals is a must.
- People should carry trekking materials with them to avoid any kind of problems while trekking.
Here are some of the important places covered:
- Local Sightseeing
- Rumbak Valley
- villages and traditions
Day 1 - Reach Leh
- The trip starts by reaching Leh. You will be picked up from the airport and will reach the pre-booked hotel.
- You can take a rest, have your breakfast and lunch and take time dapt to the cold climatic conditions.
- You will visit the Shanti Stupa and the local Leh market.
Day 2 - Local Sightseeing
- On the next day, we shall go for local sightseeing, Shey village, Thiksey Hemis and the famous school shown as Rancho’s school in the Movie 3 Idiots.
Day 3 -Leh To zingchen and then Rumbak Village
- On the third day, we shall drive to Yingchau via car.
- After that we shall trek towards Rumbak Village.
Day 4 - Scooping
Day 5 - Scooping
Day 6 -Scooping
- Visit the nearby villages and enjoy a home-stay.
- During these days, we shall be exploring the beautiful culture and traditions of Ladakh.
- We will enjoy home-stay in the villages nearby and try their local food and beer.
- One can also join the local dance to soak into the real hues of local culture.
Day 7 -Leh Departure
- Scooping is done till the evening and then drive back to Leh.
Day 8 - Drop At Airport
- You will be dropped at the airport for your further journey.
- Car at all the destinations
- Hotel with breakfast during Leh
- Local Guide
- Homestay with three meals during the trek.
- Wildlife fee
- Air fare
- No facility is provided out of itinerary.
- No fee is paid during local sight seeing around Leh.
Important Point To be Noted
Here we can also have a chance to see many wild animals except Snow Leopard. These include Wolf, Wild Rabbit, Snow Cock, Eagle Owl, Lynx etc.