Lotus Adventure Presents “Zanskar, Stongde to Phuktal!
Basic Information About The Region:
Duration:- 4 to 5 days
Grade :- Moderate
Maximum Altitude :- 5140m
Approx Trekking Distance :-Approx 87 km.
Temperature:- -5 to -30 degrees celsius
Some Highlights About The Stongde to Phuktal:
Zanskar valley is considered as the most isolated valley. Phuktal, on the other hand, is one of the remote places in the south-eastern region of Zanskar valley.
- After a walk of 5 to 7 hours you will reach Phutkal.
- At the mouth of a huge cave, you can visit the Phuktal monastery along the high mountains of Himalayas!
- This monastery is the most fascinating part of the Trek because it is built on a natural cave in the cliffside, like a honeycomb structure.
- It is home to great monks who are isolated from the rest of the world.
Things To Be Taken Care Of!
The most important thing that travelers need to take care while doing the Zanskar, Stongde to Phuktal Trek is that it should only be attempted with proper preparation, ponies and a guide.
Here are some of the important places covered:
- Stongde to Stongde La -Junction
- Stongde La Junction - Shade Village
- Shade Village to Phuktal
- Phuktal - Changpa Tsetan
- Changpa Tsetan - Raru
Day 1 - Stongde to Stongde La -Junction
Time: 10 hrs approx
- Reach Stongde and visit the monastery that lies 300m above the valley and offers a superb view of the mountains and villages.
- Long walk leads to one and only Pass named the Stongde La pass Start descending near the river to reach the Stongde La junction.
Day 2 - Stongde La Junction - Shade Village
Time Duration: 6 hrs
Distance: 17 km
- Reach the village of Shade by walking along the river through a valley.
- The Shade Village is one of the most isolated and remote areas of Zanskar.
- You can walk around and enjoy the village scene.
- Overnight in Shade.
Day 3 - Shade Village to Phuktal
Time: 7 hrs
Distance approx: 21 km
- From Shade, walk down to Tantak village by crossing the main valley.
- Reach the mouth of a huge cave where the Phuktal monastery is located.
- You can spend some time in the monastery.
- Overnight in Phuktal.
Day 4 - Phuktal - Changpa Tsetan
Time Duration: maximum of 6 hrs
Distance: around 16 km
- From Phuktal, reach Changpa Tsetan by a long walk through various villages of Purne, Sule and Zamdang.
- Overnight stay in Changpa Tsetan
Day 5 - Changpa Tsetan - Raru
Time: 6 hrs
Distance: 15.9 km Approx
- From Changpa Tsetan reach the village of Raru by following the river alongside